Saturday, August 25, 2012

Last days in Gaziantep... 

I’m writing after my first few days back in Radom, Poland.
I’m already at home, meeting with family and friends; so, doing the things that I was missing the most.
And the same time, I’m already missing people from Gaziantep. 
That's life!
I need to say, the experience we got was unforgettable. I’m sharing thoughts, situations and photos with 'my people' and talking about everything that happened.
Everything I learned and saw, and everyone I met.
The fact is that I feel that there is 'more of me' and I don’t mean the weight, even if that's also true.
I mean that I have more friends who I met in Turkey, more skills, more interests, and my eyes have seen more colors…
The last days were filled by:
-saying “good-bye and see you again”…
-finishing tasks we had to do
-cleaning house a little bit ;) Dan, we did a good job.
-trying to stay calm to feel I’m still there, and enjoying this time

I feel I could write this post even later, because I don’t want to finish this blog ;)

But as I said earlier to my TAŞEV and Millet Hanı family…
I need to say another big THANK YOU PEOPLE!
The project was great for me. Working in a Turkish cultural center, teaching stained glass, learning to draw, make mosaics, take photographs, dance traditional dances, and speak the Turkish language is something that I wish could happen for everybody ;)
And… all this wouldn’t have been so great if not for the people involved.
You see what Dan wrote about you...?
He is TOTALLY right, and unforgettable as well.
 

One last thing! I have photos from the last days ;) Let’s shaaaare.


Bye bicycle...

 Çok teşekkür ederim! Kendine iyi bak.


  Monika Drab- TAŞEV Volunteer

P.S. Clay, thank you for visitng me in Gaziantep ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment